RULES FOR PARTICIPATION
The Beauty Of Blackness Fine Art Show strongly encourages both established and early-stage artists to apply. Before applying, please make sure your work meets the following criteria:
1. All work must fit within an acceptable media category. Acceptable media categories include: drawing, furniture, glass, jewelry, metal, mixed media, painting, paper, photography, sculpture and wood. All work must be original and made by hand or with the use of appropriate tools. The Beauty Of Blackness Fine Art Show encourages one-of-a-kind and limited-edition work.
2. No commercial reproductions of any kind are allowed. This includes embellished commercially made objects and works assembled (wholly or in part) from commercially available kits.
3. Artists are accepted for participation must be in attendance at their booth during the entire show. No agent, dealer, or representative may attend in place of the artist.
4. Collaborating artists are permitted, however, any representation other than a true, hands on artistic collaboration is not permitted. Collaborating artists are defined as ‘artists who assist and/or collaborate with the primary artist on their body of work.’ Two artists working on separate bodies of work may not share a booth
5. Artists may only show work in categories selected by the jury. All work exhibited must be of the same body, quality, and category of work that was juried through digital images.
6. Artists may apply in a second category, but must submit a separate application for that body of work. Only work that has been accepted by our jurors and/or show management may be shown or sold at the show.
7. We ask that participants refrain from using “SALE” or “DISCOUNT” signage at the show. Artists may of course price work as they see fit, including verbal price negotiation directly with the customer, but discount signage is strongly discouraged as it cheapens the show’s image and may encourage customers to haggle over pricing.
Please note: Individual Artists who wish to apply in two different categories must submit two separate applications and application fees. Both bodies of work must be accepted in order to show/sell both types of work.